Social Science Research Intern
Inviting applications from LGBTIQ+ students and graduates
Who we are:
We are a Berlin-based social enterprise you’ll have a challenging internship while working together towards our shared vision. We welcome individuals that will bring new ideas from diverse perspectives, and we will provide you the opportunities and freedom to grow and make a real impact while having fun in a diverse and inclusive environment.
The UHLALA Group is committed to creating a workplace where all kinds of people can be themselves and do their best work. It’s when everyone’s voice is heard and valued, that we are inspired to go beyond what’s been done before. That’s why we need people with diverse backgrounds, beliefs, and abilities to help us create the future, and are proud to be an affirmative-action equal opportunity employer.
What we offer
• Live and work in Berlin, an amazing city with loads of creative inspiration.
• Assessment presentation at the end of the internship
• Supervisors who can provide guidance on professional career development
• Chance to take skills acquired in your studies and apply them in a professional setting.
• A network of diverse, multi-cultural colleagues that are international industry experts, knowledgeable veterans, professionals, managers, and executives
• Invaluable experience in what it is like to work at a leading LGBTIQ+ social enterprise.
Be a part of a team where you will:
• Research and produce content on LGBTIQ+ leaders and leadership, D&I inclusion and ESG principles.
• Contribute to developing PR strategies and social brainstorming session, storyboard marketing campaigns, and their preparation and implementation.
• Support the team leads in the development of events, projects and initiatives to scale-up our impact.
• Draft, create, edit various content including; digital brochures, email campaigns, feature articles, interviews, newsletters, PR material, press releases, compelling stories, key messages and coverage for business stakeholders, external entities and our global communities to give visibility to our work.
• Update our website digital and manage online content including podcasts and short videos.
• Support in creating social media strategies and media engagement and create, maintain social media presence including the day-to-day support of content publishing across all social media platforms (LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram and Twitter).
• Track, monitor, measure and analyze engagement metrics on a variety of our content to develop insights for future marketing efforts across our social pages and websites and their performance.
• Optimize articles for SEO, maximum engagement and affiliate revenue and assist with researching social media trends and provide competitive analysis.
• Excellent oral, written command and communication skills in English is essential, German is an asset.
• Hard working, reliable, flexible, capable of working both independently and in a team setting.
• Effective “doer” and eager to learn and build with self-management ability.
• Self-motivated with a positive attitude and a proactive results-oriented approach
• Deep understanding of LGBTIQ+ issues including D&I management, ESG and CSR principles
• Passionate about content development, storytelling and research writing skills.
• Experienced in Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Slack, internet applications and design tools.
• Master of major social media platforms, social analytics tools and with graphic design skills.
• Applicants must have valid authorization to intern in Germany.
Education Degree Details
This internship is open to graduates or students in the following and related studies:
• Business Administration
• Communications/ Media Studies
• Content Management
• Corporate Responsibility
• International Relations
• Political Science
• Public Relations Management
• Social Studies
As we are a social enterprise, we unfortunately can’t offer any financial compensation but as an ERASMUS intern, you are entitled to an ERASMUS intern scholarship! As an additional form of compensation we offer our interns options to work only for 4-days a week so you have more free time. We are also happy to help you explore further external funding opportunities.
Commitment to diversity and inclusion recruitment practices
The UHLALA Group is an equal opportunity employer that welcomes and proudly embraces all kinds of diversity in all its manifestations. We actively seek a diverse applicant pool where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, colour, disability, gender identity and expression, national origin, race and ethnicity, religious beliefs or sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by law.
We would also like to explicitly encourage lesbian and queer women, BIPOC as well as inter, trans and non-binary individuals and call on them to apply for all position we advertise.
Please apply immediately by sending an email and attaching a CV/resume and a letter of interest including how you could enhance our team to Peter Kakucska at email@example.com